- YZ450F’s still revolutionary design advancements include its rearward-slanted cylinder that achieves unmatched mass centralization, concentrating inertial mass toward the center of the machine. This bold design swaps traditional intake and exhaust positions, putting the lightweight airbox and throttle body out front. This contributes to mass centralization for nimble handling while also achieving a straight intake tract for superb combustion efficiency that delivers more power.
- The cylinder is offset so the connecting rod is vertical at the moment of greatest combustion force, minimizing piston friction against the cylinder wall that could rob power. That means quicker response.
- The 4-titanium valve cylinder head is matched to a newly recalibrated fuel injection system that provides superb low-to-mid-rpm power feeling. Instantly adapts to changing air/fuel mixtures depending on altitude and temperature, for an engine that delivers no matter what conditions.
- The aluminum double “S” bend Bilateral Beam frame provides a superb rigidity balance and, with new front and rear suspension settings, provides unmatched lightweight handling and cornering. Combined with the mass centralization provided by the engine, YZ450F for 2012 is a formidable, well-tuned package.
- Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets bike tuners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and track conditions.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.