- For 2012, the YZF-R1 receives another benefit from MotoGP® technology – a seven-level Traction Control System. The system has been developed so the rider does not feel any unnatural or harsh intervention from the system. In addition, traction control can aid in reducing tire wear due to less wheel spin. Coupled with the three level D-Mode electronics throttle response control, riders have 21 different choices available to tailor the YZF-R1 to their riding preference.
- World GP 50th Anniversary Edition celebrates Yamaha’s racing heritage with Pearl White/Rapid Red livery. Includes a 50th Anniversary emblem on top of the fuel tank and a special numbered plate showing the production number of only 2000 units that will be produced worldwide in these commemorative colors. Gold Yamaha badges are used on the fuel tank, front, and rear of the motorcycle, and an additional small sticker kit will be provided.
- The 2012 YZF-R1 has a new headlight cowl designed to be sharper, more modern, and more aggressive. LED position lights are used for a high quality and distinctive look. Out back, the muffler end caps and heat shields are restyled for a more mechanical look. And a new top triple clamp is styled after the YZR-M1.
- This R1 keeps all the technological superiorities developed for its predecessor: YCC-T™ (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) is MotoGP® inspired fly-by-wire technology used to deliver instant throttle response. YCC-I® is Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake which is a variable intake system that broadens the spread of power. The fuel injection system provides optimum air/fuel mixtures for maximum power and smooth throttle response.
- In keeping with this machine’s exceptional cornering ability and crisp handling, the aluminum frame has been designed to offer exceptional rigidity balance. The rear frame is lightweight Controlled-Fill die-cast magnesium, contributing the optimum mass centralization. Suspension includes SOQI front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP® bikes: independent damping. The left fork handles compression damping and the right side handles the rebound damping. And the rear shock adopts bottom linkage for optimum suspension characteristics.
- The sound on the YZF-R1 is unlike any other inline four cylinder production supersport. The precise and throaty pulse of the exhaust note will have riders enthused every time the throttle is opened.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.